This consultation closed at midday on 6 December 2010
Domain Name Commission is seeking comments on the approach it uses to review and create policies for the .nz domain name space.
The current policy is available here and it includes the following:
- any party is free to identify possible policy requirements and notify these to the Domain Name Commission for consideration;
- a wide-ranging consultation process that is public and involves contacting interested parties. We include the Registrar Advisory Group, a key consultation point for policy setting in all our consultation processes. We also try to make sure that we include all parties who are likely to have an interest in a particular policy area;
- decisions on .nz policies will be made by the Domain Name Commission except those where the policy is likely to have a major impact on the strategic direction of the .nz space. In this situation, the InternetNZ Council will be formally involved in the approval process;
- a provision for an urgent policy amendment or establishment without consultation, for example in situations involving a security issue;
- that all policies are published.
Comments on the above approach, or any aspect of the policy, are sought and can be sent by email to email@example.com, by fax to (04) 495 2115, or by mail to PO Box 11881 Wellington. As submissions are received they will be published on the DNC website here. Submissions should be received by midday on 6 December 2010.