As part of the ongoing review of .nz policies, two policies are now being reviewed.
The policies being reviewed are:
Zone Transfer Policy - Consultation
This policy relates to the release of the .nz zone file to organisations outside the registry company.
A copy of the current policy is available at /content/zone_transfer.pdf
Registering, Managing and Cancelling Domain Names Policy - Consultation
This policy sets out the general rules regarding the .nz domain name space including registration requirements, the information required to be on the .nz register and the general business processes that .nz operates. Currently the policy defines such things as:
• Five day registration and renewal grace periods
• A maximum registration term of 120 months
• 90 day pending release period
• The requirement for registrars to send information to the registrant upon registration, including the UDAI (Unique Domain Authentication ID)
• Restrictions on when a domain name can be cancelled
• Locking of .nz domain names
A copy of the current policy is available at /content/registering_managing_cancelling.pdf
No operational issues have been identified with the current policies. They are being reviewed as part of the regular, ongoing review of .nz policies.
The review period for both policies closed at midday on Monday 3 October 2011. The submission received is published below.
Registering, Managing and Cancelling Domain Names Policy