An application has been received to create a new, moderated second level domain (2LD) – parliament.nz.
Comments were sought on the application, and on the moderation policy that will be used to accept registrations. In particular, comment was sought on how the application met the criteria for a new 2LD, namely that the 2LD:
- Represents an identifiable, significant community of interest; where ‘significant’ can mean either quantitatively or qualitatively and the community of interest can be defined in a clear written statement
- Represents an on-going and long-lived community of interest
- Does not conflict with, duplicate or cause confusion about, any existing 2LD, and is a useful addition to the current DNS hierarchy
- Uses a name to represent the domain that is a obvious derivative of a word that properly describes the community of interest or a complete word
- Does not bring the .nz domain name space into disrepute
Submissions closed on Thursday 5 May and all submissions received are published on this site.
The submissions received are available below in .pdf and .txt format.