Comments are sought on the application, and on the moderation policy that will be used to accept registrations. In particular, comment is sought on how the application met the criteria for a new 2LD, namely that the 2LD:
• Represents an identifiable, significant community of interest; where ‘significant’ can mean either quantitatively or qualitatively and the community of interest can be defined in a clear written statement
• Represents an on-going and long-lived community of interest
• Does not conflict with, duplicate or cause confusion about, any existing 2LD, and is a useful addition to the current DNS hierarchy
• Uses a name to represent the domain that is a obvious derivative of a word that properly describes the community of interest or a complete word
• Does not bring the .nz domain name space into disrepute
Submissions received are published below.
Request for submissions closed at midday on Thursday 29th March 2007.
Ministry of Consumer Affairs - .pdf
Reserve Bank of New Zealand - .pdf
Federation of Financial Institutions - .pdf
State Services Commission - .pdf