Any legal entity can apply to DNCL to become an authorised .nz Registrar.
Payment of a $3,000 + GST non refundable application fee is required, and prospective Registrars need to show they have the appropriate technical skills and knowledge.
Demonstrated experience with customer support services and billing capability is also needed.
Before you decide to go ahead with your application we recommend you contact us first for information – email@example.com.
To get started with your application as an authorised .nz Registrar, follow these steps:
- Review the Registrar Implementation Kit (RIK). This includes the technical information you need to develop an interface to the SRS. It also includes the agreements, forms and the .nz policies and procedures that apply to the .nz environment.
- Ensure that the Terms and Conditions agreement you will require your customers to sign up to meet the minimum requirements specified in the Registrant Core Terms and Conditions document.
- Complete the application for authorisation as a registrar form (Form AOR1) and send with any attachments, plus a cheque for $3,000 + GST to the address detailed on the form.
- Respond to any of our requests or directions to make sure your application is processed in a timely manner.
- If authorisation is granted, complete the application for connection to the .nz registry form (Form CON1) and send to the address detailed on the form.
- Respond to any requests or directions by the Registry Manager to ensure your application is processed in a timely manner.
- Once connected, if you want any existing domain names to transfer across to you from another registrar, you will need to complete the process outlined in the .nz Operations and Procedures policy.
For more information about becoming a .nz Registrar read these FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.