From: 2 (details withheld)
Received: 16 October 2015
• Why .nz registrant data should /should not be collected
- Data should be collected to enable authorities (Govt/police) to be able to contact owners of domains
• Why .nz registrant data should /should not be publicly available
- Individual registrant data should not be available, but the bare minimum such as a name because of privacy issues.
- Government Registrant data should be publicly available so that people can verify that govt funded domains are legit.
• Why the display and availability of NZ registrant data should / should not be the same for all parties
- Registrant data should be available to only those entities that have a legal or Genuine need for it, ie not for marketing purposes
• Why the current approach does / does not raise concerns for some
- I do not voluntarily put my home address in the phone book or on any online site, nor do I publicise my home phone number, but WHOIS puts both out to the world which as an individual makes me feel very vulnerable.