Here are our comments in relation to the first six questions posed in the consultation document. We have no comment in relation to the other questions.
1. We support registration of second level domain names.
2. We suggest that you consider making ‘.school.nz’ and ‘.ac.nz’ moderated (along with, say, .govt.nz, .parliament.nz, .health.nz, .iwi.nz, .mil.nz and cri.nz) to ensure the legitimacy of sites using these domain names.
4. We suggest you consider creation of an ‘.earlychildhood.nz’ or ‘.ece.nz’ (or similar) moderated domain to ensure the legitimacy of sites using these domain names.
5. We suggest you look to prohibit the ability to register ‘.gov.nz’, ‘.edu.nz’, ‘.education.nz’, etc.
6. We agree with the idea of a Sunrise Period.