From:           Grant Collingwood, Ctas NZ Ltd
Received:     1 June 2012

Question 1. Should the New Zealand domain name space be extended to allow registration at the second level, for example yourname.nz?
Yes
This would allow companies to enhance their presentation through pride in the NZ brand, especially those who promote the 100% NZ image. I would like to see some compensation through discount to small webbuilders who are managing their customers domains. This would avoid the reluctance to some of InternetNZ's most important customers, rather than driving costs into them.

Question 2. Are there any other undertakings that the Domain Name Commission should make while developing/implementing the policy?
Yes
Allow preregistration in bulk.

Question 3. Should new second level domains be created to cater for particular interest groups, such as .wine.nz or .sport.nz?
No
That makes it difficult for competing groups.

Question 4. Should new moderated second level domains be created to cater for domain names that require special protection, such as .bank.nz?
No
I think this makes too much confusion, and could allow the wrong people to register names.

Question 5. Should the registration of some names such as .com.nz or .gov.nz, be prohibited at the second level to minimise potential confusion? What names, if any, should be prohibited?
Yes
Names such as bank.nz, school.nz, nz.nz, electricity.nz, gas.nz, help.nz, internet.nz

Question 6. Do you agree with the rationale for the Sunrise Period that would enable existing .nz domain name holders first chance to register names at the second level? Why?
Agree
Some discount to avoid the view that this is driving costs into domain name holders would be helpful.

Question 7. Who should be allowed to register a domain name at the second level when there are competing registrations at the third level?
Not sure about this question

Question 8. Assuming only persons with a conflicting third level domain name may apply, how should that conflict be resolved? By consent? Or some other mechanism?
Consent

Question 9. Should the Domain Name Commission consider extending its Dispute Resolution Service for a limited period to cover particular sub-domains when considering whether a name registered at the second level infringes a complainant’s rights?
Yes
Not sure about this question

Question 10. Is the approach as outlined in the proposed amended policy in Appendix C appropriate? Why?
I am fully committed to the .nz domain, and believe this brings NZ into line with some of the largest countries, eg China, Spain. However, small businesses who build websites, and manage their customers domains are at risk of incurring costs, and so I would like to see some way that we can introduce this for our customers without hitting their costs. This could be through free .nz registration for those who have the same .co.nz and who preregister, or discount for those businesses who are managing domains for clients. I would also support dropping the .co.nz domain extension completely, and redirect any lookups to the same .nz.

Question 11. Are there any other comments you would like to make relating to this consultation?
[A11]