From:           Worik Stanton
Received:    Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Question 1. If you consider registering a .nz domain name in the future, would you like anyname.nz to be an option rather than a name under just the second levels, e.g. anyname.co.nz?

Yes

Question 2. Would likely short term confusion over a transition period be an acceptable consequence for offering a long term option of allowing .nz registrations at the second level?

Yes
Not sure why you ask. Would there be confusion? I think you mean to ask "If the change causes short term confusion is that an acceptable price to pay? I still struggle to see any real cause of confusion.

Question 3. Do you agree that existing .nz registrants should get a priority right in obtaining their name at the second level if this proposal proceeds?

Yes

Question 4. Do you agree with the approach in the draft amended policies if we proceed with this? What, if anything, would you change?

I have not studied "the draft amended policies"

Question 5. Do you support the proposal that a current registrant of a .nz name at the third level should be able to reserve that name at the second level for no cost if they wish to block others from registering it but not actually utilise it themselves?

Yes

They should be given it. So foo.co.nz would get foo.nz unless there was a foo.co.nz and fo.org.nz (or whatever) then no one should get foo.nz

Question 6. Is two years an appropriate time to wait before reviewing policy to allow a reservation at no cost? Should this time frame be longer?

Pass

Question 7. Is two years an appropriate time to wait before reviewing the policy to extend the Dispute Resolution Service to sub-domains of second level registrations? Should this time frame be longer?

Pass

Question 8. Do you see any benefits from allowing registrations at the second level which have not been covered in this paper?

Pass

Question 9. Do you see any detrimental effects from allowing registrations at the second level which have not been covered in this paper?

No Response