In Attendance: Debbie Monahan, Winnie Cummock
1. Register of InterestsThe DNCL Register of Interests was updated. No conflicts were noted for this meeting.
2. Minutes of the last meetingThe minutes of the last DNCL Board meeting were passed as true and accurate, with a minor grammatical correction. There were no matters arising.
3. DNCL Policy ReviewThe Board discussed the .nz Policy Framework review and noted the time table for the review of the .nz policy framework. The Board agreed with the proposed amendments to the current .nz policy framework.
4. Group UpdatesJordan Carter, Chief Executive of InternetNZ provided an update of InternetNZ current activities and project areas including their community. The recent development of Global Mode was also discussed.
Jay Daley, Chief Executive of NZRS provided an update on their current work and discussed experiences around the conclusion of Preferential Registration or Reservation (PRR) period. The Board thanked NZRS for the work they had done in the successful implementation of registrations at the second level.
The group office relocation was also discussed in the group updates.
5. Joint .nz StrategyFollowing the DNCL and NZRS joint Strategy meeting in February, amendments have been made to the .nz Strategy area included in the InternetNZ strategy document and the latest version was discussed.
Some minor amendments were proposed and it was agreed these would be discussed with NZRS with a view to each Board signing off on the document when they next meet.
6. DNC ReportThe reports for January, February and first part of the March report were taken as read.
Various matters and statistics regarding the conclusion of the PRR period were also discussed. Thanks were given to the DNC and her team for the work done on the conclusion of PRR period.
7. DNC Work planThe DNC spoke to the current work plan. There was a general discussion around the impact of the review of the .nz policy framework.
8. .nz updateThe Chair noted that relevant items were discussed earlier in the meeting.
9. Chair UpdateThere were no further items to discuss that had not already been addressed elsewhere on the agenda.
10. Any other businessIt was agreed that DNC to prepare a DNCL internal policies review cycle plan and present it in the next meeting for further discussion.
11. Dates Future MeetingsThe next Board meeting will be held on Friday, 18 June 2015