In Attendance: Steven Heath, Barry Brailey, Laura Turnbull and Jordan Carter
Apologies: Jay Daley
1. Register of InterestsThe DNCL Register of Interests was updated. No conflicts were noted for this meeting.
2. Minutes of the last meetingThe minutes of the last meeting were amended to correct a typographical error, and the amended minutes were passed as true and accurate. There were no matters arising from the minutes that were no covered elsewhere in the agenda.
3. .nz Policy Framework Review Consultation
The Board considered the submissions that were received during the consultation period and agreed to amendments to the draft policies. They also asked for a summary of the submissions and responses to key points to be published. The Chair thanked the DNC and staff for all their hard work and noted how smooth this process has been.
4. WHOIS Policy review
The WHOIS policy review process was discussed and it was emphasised the review would be a first principles review with wide consultation. A further version of the proposed review process will be circulated to the Board before the next Board meeting.
5. .nz Framework policy
The InternetNZ .nz Framework policy was accepted by the Board.
6. InternetNZ/DNCL License agreement
There were no issues with the InternetNZ/NZRS license agreement and it was accepted by the Board.
7. Internal policies review timetable
The Internal policies review timetable was presented to the Board and it was accepted with no changes.
8. DNC Report
The reports for May, June and July were taken as read. The DNC was thanked for the reports
9. DNC Work plan
The DNC spoke to the current work plan.
10. .nz update
The Chair noted that the relevant items had been discussed earlier in the meeting.
11. Chair update
The Chair noted the intent to hold a joint team strategy day between DNCL and NZRS staff.
12. Audit and Risk Matters
A discussion took place regarding the way DNCL manages Audit and Risk. It was agreed that the item “Audit and Risk Matters” be added as a recurring item on the agenda.
13. Any other business
There was a general discussion about the relocation of the InternetNZ group.
14. InternetNZ update
Jordan Carter, Chief Executive of InternetNZ provided the Board with an update of InternetNZ’s current activities
15. Dates of future meetings
The next Board meeting will be held on Monday 5, October 2015.